About me

Sunday, September 18, 2022

The Pirates Of Scurvy Sands - A Review

 



When I read this book, I wanted to roar out of the house and roll with Matilda as she frolicked her way to the land of the Scurvy Sands:)

This book had me dancing and foot-stomping and wanting to sail with Matilda and her pirate-y friends!

When town-bred Matilda decides to go honor her pirate pen pal, Jim Lad's invitation to join him and his pirate tribe on a swashbuckling adventure to the land of Scurvy Sands to find...Ahoy matey! You guessed it, to find treasure, she is met with ridicule. 

Well, she is not a pirate...She is prim and proper with her Dull-on-the-sea manners.

When Cap'n Day says "it's all about perception", Matilda is put to the test by the pirate crew.

Using Mad Jack's map and her town-bred plans, she ends up finding Mad Jack's treasure. Jim Lad ends up following her.

The book had me so excited that I could really end up throwing a pirate party for my child's birthday all over again :)

Written in rhyme and comic book style, with brilliant illustrations, Jonny Duddle does a remarkable work of capturing the emotions of pirate land.  It's a must-own and a must-book to read. 

Image source: www.amazon.com | Publisher: Templar books

No comments:

Post a Comment