About me

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Boy: Tales of Childhood Book - A Review

 


Absolutely unputdownable Roald Dahl.

Boy: Tales of Childhood is a phantasmagoria of skin-crawling events from the writer's own life. 

Roald Dahl writes about how his Norwegian parents started life in Great Britain and made it their home and how he ended up going to the English boarding school where extreme punishment was quite the norm of the day. 

How he loved to travel with his family to Norway to visit his grandparents and the amazing delicacies that he would love to eat. 

Roald Dahl uses enormous wit and candor to reveal how life was in Great Britain during the early twentieth century.

His unparalleled courage is singular. His humor and wit are next to one. This book had me on the edge of my seat. 

When I first read this book, I was in a state of shock. It took a while for the shock to disappear, but the memory did not.

The second time I read this book was during summer. The book was so gripping that I managed to read it with utmost concentration surrounded by a pack of unruly, rumbunctious kids!

Image source: www.amazon.com | Publisher: Puffin Books, an imprint of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment